Did you just move to Campton? If yes, please read below.

If you are a new resident to the state you must obtain a NH driver’s license and Vehicle Registration (plates) within 60 days of moving into the State. (RSA 261:45 & RSA 263:35) The Town of Campton has a formal residency process. The residency process will be applicable whether you are moving from within the State of NH or from out of State to Campton, NH. If you are planning on claiming Campton as your permanent place of abode and are planning on claiming residency in Campton, you will need to visit the Town Clerk’s Office in person to complete the necessary paperwork. In addition, please call our office prior to your visit to ensure that you bring all the proper documentation.

If you are moving to Campton from within the State of NH you have 30 days upon moving into Campton to notify the NH Department of Motor Vehicles in writing of your new address. (RSA 263:9) The Record Change Request Form can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office.

Proof of residency is required by the Town of Campton and the State of New Hampshire for new residents to register vehicles.You must begin the registration process at the Town Clerk’s Office. It is required that you bring in proof of identification such as a driver’s license and two (2) proofs of residency. See below.

Proof of Identification (1 Required):

  • Driver/Non-Driver ID (Valid Picture ID)
  • Passport
  • Military ID Card
  • Valid School ID w/Photo

Proofs of Residency (Need one of the following, 1 Required)

  • Original Lease/Rental agreement signed by the Homeowner, Recorded Property Deed
  • Original Signed Statement from Property owner (Renters Only)

In addition to one proof above, you must also present a copy of one of the following documents which must show your physical street address in Campton (1 Required).

  • Electric Bill (Eversource or CO-OP)
  • Paycheck Stub
  • Bank Statement
  • Other Utility Bill

The State depends on the towns and cities to enforce residency. A resident or inhabitant or both of this state and of any city, town or other political subdivision of this state shall be a person who is domiciled or has a place of abode or both in this state and in any city, town or other political subdivision of this state, and who has, through all of his actions, demonstrated a current intent to designate that place of abode as his principal place of physical presence for the indefinite future to the exclusion of all others. (RSA 21:6). If the Town has concerns about your residency, you may not be permitted to register.